[haiku-development] Re: Best UserBuildConfig partition settings

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 23:58:14 +0100

On 2009-01-21 at 20:35:57 [+0100], Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Julius Bullinger schrieb:
> > On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 5:40 PM, Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> Without providing the details of your modified file, no one will be
> >> able to help.
> >>
> >> IMO, it would be best to post your file to pastebin.com or a similar
> >> service and choose an option to retain the post forever.
> >>
> >> --mmadia
> >

> > You're right, I'm sorry! All the relevant files are here:
> > http://pastebin.com/f5cac963a
> > I thought the answer was as simple as "You must pass an additional
> > parameter" or so...
>
> Hm. Maybe the problem is that you jam from within the generated folder.

Nope, that's just fine. You simply shouldn't use jam0. It's just used for
bootstrapping the actual jam executable and doesn't have any modifications
enabled -- like the one that allows the Jamfiles to see and modify the
targets specified on the command line, which is mandatory for the build
profile support to work. The actual jam executable is generated in a
sub-folder named according to your build system, e.g. something like
bin.linuxx86.

CU, Ingo