[haiku-development] Re: Berlios.de flaky?

  • From: DarkWyrm <darkwyrm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 06:40:15 -0400

Jérôme Duval wrote:
2007/9/14, Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>>:

    It seems berlios.de <http://berlios.de> has been pretty flaky
    lately. By flaky I mean
    sometimes you can connect, sometimes you can't. Sometimes the SVN
    works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes the website loads, sometimes
    not, etc. Right now I can't update from SVN:

Berlios status page : http://monitor.berlios.de/berlios-status/

    Sourceforge, but frankly if Berlios.de <http://Berlios.de> continues
    to be unreliable and
    impacts our development efforts, we may not have much choice.

I know it can be annoying, but it doesn't impact my development effort so far.
I have a feeling that it may be because of distance. It's been a long-known performance issue of SVN access from the States, which is where I *think* Ryan is. Usually it shakes itself out in a few days. Definitely not ideal, but most of our developers are Europe-based, so Berlios makes the most sense.

--DW