[haiku-development] Re: Banning Jorge G. Mare

  • From: mikesum32 <mikesum32@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 12:45:28 -0400

As somewhat of an outside observer, and not to add more fuel to a dying
fire, but I'd say everything went downhill this time when Niels unilaterally
banned Jorge after reading something not related to the topic at hand, which
is, and should be, a separate issue. Then of course Jorge responded in kind
by using the tool at his disposal, his theme. I kind of tit for tat or
mutually assured destruction. I myself wouldn't have gone that route, but
then again that's easy for me to say that since it wasn't me who was
censored.

I find it rather unsettling Niels first post in this thread is regarding
"genuine security concerns," that are private and therefore nebulous and
unable to be judged. Anyway, thank your for retraction Niels. I enjoyed
watching you and Ryan on FLOSS 120. Thanks for the link on your Facebook
page Koki, and thank you for allowing Haiku to continue to use your theme.
Don't be surprised if someone asks for it in writing, lest you be accused of
"Koking" things up in the future ;-)

I think we let little things spin out of control, more than they should
have. It's not always worth fighting over every injustice/slight, you have
to pick your battles. A certain XKCD comic comes to mind.

http://xkcd.com/386/