[haiku-development] Re: BWindow fShowLevel vs window_info.show_hide_level

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 21:14:26 +0200

On 08/12/2012 08:53 PM, Ingo Weinhold wrote:
Ryan Leavengood wrote:
No one has any feedback, suggestions, or history from BeOS to tell me
why this variable is defined backwards?
According to git Axel implemented it initially [1] and changed it later on [2].
The API is private, but was apparently used by Be applications (OpenTracker).
Depending on whether binary compatibility is desired in this case you'd have
check how it works on BeOS.

Not that I would remember, but the current implementation is actually BeOS compatible. Unless there is good reason to change it, I would just leave it as is.

Bye,
   Axel.