[haiku-development] Re: BUrl in the kernel?

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2014 20:25:38 +0100

On 03/09/2014 01:31 PM, Bruno Albuquerque wrote:
I need to parse a URL in the kernel (more specifically, in a file system
add-on). BUrl does everything I need but it is normally part of the
Support Kit.

Is there any trick to use it that does not involve actually copying its
code (or the relevant parts of its code) to the add-on itself?

You don't have to copy the source code, You can rebuild it for the kernel (add-on) where you need it. Just add Url.cpp to the list of sources and tell jam where to find it (after the rule using the sources) via:

SEARCH on [ FGristFiles Url.cpp ]
        = [ FDirName $(HAIKU_TOP) src kits support ] ;

CU, Ingo