[haiku-development] Re: BString and UTF-8

  • From: Adrien Destugues <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2011 18:57:49 +0100

Le 02/12/2011 17:08, Axel Dörfler a écrit :
On 02.12.2011 12:58, Michael Bridgers wrote:
Some of the things that I need the Jamfiles to do:
- Add additional include directories to the BString compile
- Add additional dependent libraries to the libbe.so link step

Maybe you should have written to mails; you only seem to get replies to what you intend to do :-)

Normally you would use the UseHeader rule to include other headers, and add the libraries to the libbe.so build rule (the colon after the source files specifies the link files). Since ICU is only available as an external file, it might work a little differently. liblocale.so needs both these things, too, though, so looking at its Jamfile should help you there.

liblocale depends on libbe, so it is not possible to use liblocale from libbe directly. That's why we have the localebackend which does it with some tricks.
I think the plan is to merge liblocale into libbe at some point, however.

--
Adrien.