[haiku-development] Re: BString and UTF-8

  • From: Stefano Ceccherini <stefano.ceccherini@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2011 11:04:35 +0100

Il giorno 03/dic/2011 10.46, "Siarzhuk Zharski" <zharik@xxxxxx> ha scritto:

> Am 03.12.2011 02:48, schrieb Michael Bridgers:
>>
>> On 12/2/2011 8:05 PM, Pete Goodeve wrote:
>>>

> My meaning is: BString is one of basic types and applying any
restrictions on it's content may have dramatic sequences for developers -
so they have to use other charcters container classes for their purposes.
That "UTF-8 only" restriction looks like unpractical from my point of view.

I agree and suggest to add an utf8string class instead of extending
BString. That way we don't have any restriction on how it works nor in the
api.