[haiku-development] BMessenger difference with R5

  • From: haiku-kat <haiku-kat@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 14:47:16 -0700

Hi

I noticed R5 support differs from Haiku on BMessenger.

While R5 offers

BMessenger(team_id team, port_id port, int32 token, bool preferred);

for a call like BMessenger winmsgr(team, port, token, preferred);

Haiku offers (in headers/os/app/Messenger.h#64)

void _SetTo(team_id team, port_id port, int32 token);

requiring different syntax such as BMessenger winmsgr._SetTo(team, port, token);

I've seen BMessenger(team_id team, port_id port, int32 token, bool preferred);
used in at least one R5 app.

I wanted to bring this up since I do not know why this change was made whether
knowingly or accidentally and may have some impact on R5 binary compatibility.

Thanks
--dru