[haiku-development] Re: BMenuField constructor oddness

  • From: "Ingo Weinhold" <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 May 2011 01:52:51 +0200

On Thu, 05 May 2011 22:54:39 +0200 "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> since Ingo merged his layout changes, we have two BMenuField
> constructors that get a BMessage*, but don't do anything with it.
> I'm afraid just removing the extraneous parameter will be a
> compatibility issue, or was there anything planned with it. Rhetorical
> question: do you remember anything about it, Ingo? :-)

Who are you? And why are you mailing me? ;-)

Seriously though, my best guess is that this is simply a copy and paste bug
(from BTextControl). And surprising as it may be, I'm totally innocent. [1]

I'd say we make these constructors private and add versions without the
BMessage parameter.

CU, Ingo

[1] http://dev.haiku-os.org/changeset/18619