[haiku-development] Re: BMenu click behaviour

  • From: Sean Collins <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 20:14:33 -0500

John Scipione wrote:
On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 4:16 PM, Julian Harnath
<julian.harnath@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Julian Harnath <julian.harnath@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb:
I haven't read into the entire workings of BMenu and its surrounding
classes, so correct me if I'm wrong:
Ok, replying to myself here, since I indeed was wrong :-)
The BMenu is just a BView so it's easy to check whether it has a window
by calling BView::Window().
So I'll just make it check for that in BMenu::Show() and if there
already is a window, do nothing.

So, while that's true, note that BMenu::Window() is going to get the
MenuWindow that the menu is attached to and NOT Gobe's BWindow object.
So you'll know that the current menu is open, but, you won't be able
to tell if there are additional menu windows open.

Can you make all menu windows attached to the application come fo the front when you engage this behavior, so they do not block

Sean