[haiku-development] Re: BListView/BOutlineListView patch

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 21:12:12 +0100 CET

On a related note, I tried to add typeahead feature in BListView on
Zeta...
But the lack of extra fields made it difficult, so I only added 1-
letter jump, still quite handy.
It was actually working quite well as long as the items could be
dynamic_casted to BStringItem (any sane code would subclass BStringItem
for something that has a name).

A different approach would be creating a generic TypeAheadMessageFilter
class of which a subclass would be added to BListView by default (with
accessors to eventually replace it), that would implement real
typeahead (like in PoseView).

François.