[haiku-development] Re: BKeyStore usage

  • From: Michael Lotz <mmlr@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 10:15:52 +0200

Hi Stephan

On 21.09.2014 00:24, Stephan Aßmus wrote:
Am 11.09.2014 18:06, schrieb Axel Dörfler:
AFAIK the only user of this service is the WPA supplicant.

do you have a link to the source code for it handy?

You can either see the Haiku specific parts in the haikuports patch for wpa_supplicant:

http://bb.haikuports.org/haikuports/src/c456987b38ab552eb2db20ef53b57fbf0384f67f/net-wireless/wpa_supplicant/patches/wpa_supplicant-2.0.patch?at=master

Or, maybe more straight forward, not in patch format:

https://github.com/mmlr/wpa_supplicant-haiku/blob/master/wpa_supplicant/main_haiku.cpp

The keystore does not do encryption yet. Same as Ryan, I happen to have started a CryptoKit and got stuck with it. It was based on an abstract kit that would use add-ons to provide the actual encryption and hashing code. So there would eventually be an OpenSSL based add-on providing all its crypto functions, but the user would be free to install additional functions while still using the CryptoKit API. I can't really remember how far I got, I could try resurrecting the code fragments I wrote.

I still think having a CryptoKit that allows for easily enumerating available hash/crypto functions and using them with a unified API is worth some effort. At least the glimps into OpenSSL when researching how to put it into an add-on made me never want to use it directly.

Regards,
Michael