[haiku-development] Re: BGroupLayout documentation inconsisency

  • From: Ralf Schülke <ralf.schuelke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 17:10:39 +0200

Hi,
It is mean Horizontal or Vertical Orientations.

Am 20.05.2011 17:05 schrieb "John Scipione" <jscipione@xxxxxxxxx>:

I am going through the Haiku Book Documentation and I found an inconsistency
between the code of the BGroupLayout constructor and the documentation of
the constructor and I am not sure which one is right but I suspect that the
code is wrong.

The code in src/kits/interface/GroupLayout.cpp looks like this:

BGroupLayout::BGroupLayout(enum orientation orientation, float spacing)
    :
    BTwoDimensionalLayout(),
    fOrientation(orientation)
{
    SetSpacing(spacing);
}

And the documentation in docs/user/interface/GroupLayout.dox looks like
this:

/*!
    \fn BGroupLayout::BGroupLayout(enum orientation, float spacing)
    \brief Creates a new BGroupLayout.

    \param orientation The orientation of this BGroupLayout.
    \param spacing The spacing between BLayoutItems in this BGroupLayout.
*/

Here is the link to the documentation for the BGroupLayout constructor in
the Haiku Book:

http://api.haiku-os.org/classBGroupLayout.html#a799b595a4a3be8b151af079b9b50f5e4

As you can see that the word orientation is repeated in the constructor
code. To me this seems erroneous but I am not familiar enough with the
Layout Kit or C++ to know if this is an error or if it has some meaning. It
looks screwed up in the documentation too with the repeated orientation
variable showing up in the wrong column. Perhaps doxygen doesn't understand
this either.

Can someone with a working knowledge of the Layout Kit (Ingo?) please
respond on this.

Thank you,
John Scipione