[haiku-development] BFS file system plugin for Total Commander (Windows)

  • From: "Jürgen Wall" <x-otic@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 10:54:59 +0100

Hello,

a few months ago I started working on an file system plugin for the
Total Commander for Windows, which is based on the SykFS/BFS viewer
(http://www.skyos.org/?q=node/622) by Peter Speybrouck.
He kindly provided the code to me as the SkyOS project seemed to be halted.

The plugin reuses internal parts of the Haiku file system code
with a Win32 layer on top, providing required functions of the Total Commander
API.

The state at the moment is that the attached BFS drives are recognized and
can be browsed. It would require some few days more to add file read support
which Peters SkyFS viewer was already capable of,
but as time is an issue at the moment and there might be other people
interested in that project I decided to offer the current state of
implementation to Haiku.

The code does definitely not comply with the Haiku code style atm,
nor is it homogeneously structured, however I should be able to find the time
to catch up on that in case there is interest in the Haiku community.

Cheers,
  Juergen