[haiku-development] Re: BFS drivers for other systems?

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 14:33:05 -0500

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 7:28 AM, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Personally, I definitely want to see Haiku being completely multi-user
> one day.

I think we should seriously consider other approaches to the problem
of multiple users of the same computer like the suggestion from Sean
Collins. We could just copy Linux or Mac OS X and the old mainframe
multi-user approach, or we could come up with something more
interesting, modern and maybe even more secure. For one thing I don't
think multiple users at the same time is something we should worry
about.

> I am still looking foward to being able to share a single
> system with several monitors and input devices plugged in at the same
> time.

Supporting something like that really adds complexity and I don't know
if it would be worth the effort.

--
Regards,
Ryan