[haiku-development] Re: BFS code questions

  • From: Janito Ferreira Filho <jvffprog@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Haiku Development <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 17:28:26 +0000

> axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> Why not, although I guess it would be better to have some overview
> documentation at the beginning of the file that explains the
> architecture, even though you can find it all in the BFS book:
> http://www.haiku-os.org/legacy-docs/practical-file-system-design.pdf
> -- at least I think that this should be all that makes you not
> understand the code.

Hi,

I did follow the book =). However, the part related to that was only about 2-3
pages. I guess I got a little confused. I'm still not 100% in understanding the
allocation group part. I think I get it if the AllocationGroup class represents
not an allocation group, but a group of bitmap blocks mapping the blocks of an
allocation group. Is this correct? As soon as I understand it 100%, I'll put
some quick comments to explain at least the parts where I got confused. Thanks
for you patience =),

Janito