[haiku-development] Re: BFS and UUID

  • From: "Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko" <phcoder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 00:04:45 +0200

> In Be's BFS, the root directory has an attribute be:volume_id which
> corresponds to an UUID. We currently don't do this in Haiku, yet,
> though.
64-bit quantity is a bit short by modern standards but is enough for
most usage cases
Getting attributes isn't difficult but may need the module to be a bit
bigger but difficult to say without actualy implementing.
In short if haiku creates a volume_id I'll be happy to implement it
> Haiku currently does not support hibernating, but other than that,
> patches welcome :-)
How much memory is unswappable in current kernel?

--
Regards
Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko

Personal git repository: http://repo.or.cz/w/grub2/phcoder.git