[haiku-development] Re: BCursor privately inherits from BArchivable

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 08:54:07 +0100

Am 01.03.2012 05:27, schrieb Alex Wilson:
Currently, BCursor inherits from BArchivable privately (this is the
default inheritance for C++ classes) [0]. This doesn't really make
sense, sense the BArchivable class is more of an interface, and also
the BeBook lists BArchivable as a mix-in to BCursor.

Does anyone have the old Be headers to check this? If the inheritance
is correct as is, we should add a comment, but I suspect that it's
incorrect. I'm not sure, but I don't think this will affect the ABI
either way, at least it's worth getting right.

I am relatively positive that keywords such at "private" only matter at compile time. So I would just go ahead and fix it. Even if the original Be header had it private, too.

Some faint memory tells me that BCursor didn't actually support being archived in BeOS. I mean if it's a custom cursor. Maybe that's why it's private. But that could probably be fixed easily.

Best regards,
-Stephan