[haiku-development] Re: BButton enhancements

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 05:30:10 +0100

On 12/29/2013 09:44 PM, Barrett wrote:
    A feature needed for SWT that is still missing in BButton is a
    button typically seen in tool bars, that has a small area (usually
    an arrow pointing down) that, when clicked, opens a drop down menu.

    I originally thought I would just implement such a button as a
    custom view in SWT, but I don't think it is easily possible to do
    that in a BButton subclass, so I'd probably end up copying and
    modifying the BButton code instead. Since there are already
    BeOS/Haiku applications that use such a tool bar button anyway (e.g.
    Pe and Beam) -- apparently also implementing their own class -- I
    believe it would make much more sense to add the functionality to
    BButton as well.

/A pretty good implementation of that is in the Caya source, named
ToolButton./

I had a quick look and it seems to be a modified copy of our BButton implementation. That's pretty much what I want to avoid. I'd rather have this functionality directly in BButton or a subclass.

CU, Ingo