[haiku-development] Re: BAboutWindow lifecycle

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 21:51:28 +0200

Am 29/04/2013 21:16, schrieb pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:
I think it isn't useful to do that for every window in the system, however.
It's nice to do it for document windows, and in this case you can save the
position as an attribute to the document itself (this is what StyledEdit, Pe,
Tracker, ... do). For "floating" windows (preflets, alerts, about boxes), the
best way to go is either one of :
  - Fixed position
  - Relative to parent window

There are other cases such as Terminal and Web+. These are not (always)
document-based. For these, saving the window position makes sense. But this
works only on closing/reopening the application, the window don't get hidden.

The other special case is our preflet windows. I believe it's ok to center
these on screen.

Same thoughts here.

Bye,
   Axel.