[haiku-development] Re: Auto Hiding Scroll Bars

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 22:59:35 +0100

On 03/22/2014 11:02 PM, Andrew Wood wrote:
Ive been doing some work creating an alternative to BScrollView for my
app which automatically hides the scrollbars completely if theyre not
neeeded rather than just greying them out.

Currently its a subclass of BView but I see no reason why it couldnt be
integrated into BScrollView if people wanted it. If anyones interested I
will release it under a BSD or MIT licence....and yes I have followed
the haiku coding guidelines!

That can't hurt at least :-)

I haven't investigated the issue a lot, but your solution would probably still need to keep the status quo by default for backwards compatibility (ie. it has to be optional). Beyond that, if you manage to implement it without ABI problems, it would sure be an interesting improvement.

Many interface classes haven't received much love, as fixing them would also require fundamental changes to the API (like introducing model/view/controller separation).

Bye,
   Axel.