[haiku-development] Re: Asus Eee PC B202

  • From: Nick <tonestone57@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 09:20:00 -0700

> From: dlmcpaul@xxxxxxxxx
>
> Hmm, I get a blank screen when booting with the Intel 950. No errors
> in syslog but the monitor goes off so I suspect a display out of range
> type error.
>
> Something similar happens when I boot on my other machine. It's a
> Nvidia 7800GT so I suspect that the calculations to choose a
> resolution for the display are wrong for my monitor or something.

Your specific display is:

KERN: OEM string: Intel(r) 82945GM Chipset Family Graphics Chip Accelerated VGA

KERN: PCI:   device 27ae: Mobile 945GME Express Integrated Graphics Controller

The 82945G has issues with Haiku's Intel driver.  I suspect

you are experiencing the same thing.  See this ticket:

http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/3149

Enable console debug ( in safe mode ) & try Intel driver to

see if anything comes up about PLL limits.