[haiku-development] Re: Appearance change system message

  • From: "Josh Wright" <joshwrightthepongo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 09:37:33 -0700 (PDT)

Maybe a B_LOOK_CHANGED and then a bitmask (uint32) included in the BMessage
with flags set depending on what was changed?  That way an application could
simply respond to the general message, or could query the flags if it wanted to
be a bit more granular.

Sent from Mailbox

On Sat, Sep 19, 2015 at 5:24 PM, looncraz <looncraz@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Howdy *
I was just wondering if there was any plan to send a system message at
some point when a system font or appearance setting changes so apps can
respond immediately?
I think a simple B_LOOK_CHANGED message would be all that would be
needed, though you could always go all out and have a B_FONT_CHANGED,
B_DECOR_CHANGED, B_COLOR_CHANGED, etc... but I think I prefer a generic
B_LOOK_CHANGED message broadcast directly to running applications.
Wouldn't be difficult to setup, obviously, but each app would have to be
modified to adjust properly, though just making sure layout can
self-adjust should take care of most of the work.
Just wondering,
--The loon