[haiku-development] Re: Anyone seen this - Vesa delay

  • From: Bruno Albuquerque <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 19:32:57 -0300

Jan Klötzke escreveu:

Yep, this worked like a charm. Ut booted straight to the highest
supported VESA mode in my monitor (1400x1050) and I was able to change
resolutions on the fly. What are the drawbacks of this change?

Well, the change itself has no drawback but the root cause remains unknown which gives me a bit of a headache. The VESA BIOS should not access address 0x10ffc. And that it's a write access makes it even more suspicious.

I did not have the time yet to look into this more deeply. OTOH applying the change doesn't harm and apparently improves things...

Could it be the fact that my video card has 512 Mb of memory? In fact, I have 2 video cards with 512 Mb of memory each if that's relevant.

-Bruno