[haiku-development] Re: Anyboot images burned to a CD

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 21:08:16 +0000

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 19:46, scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I burned the Anyboot R1A2 image from Haiku-files dated April 27th to a
> CD and I am not able to get it to boot fully on any PC yet.  It's
> gotten as far as the rocket icon and then went to a black screen.
> This CD was burned using Roxio on a WindowsXP PC.  Has anyone managed
> to burn a working Anyboot R1A2 CD?  If so when burning program was
> used?

here's a blurb about anyboot that needs to go somewhere :
=-=
To note, some disc burning software may try to be "clever" and won't
burn the image properly.
Burning with K3b as a CD image (even without renaming it to *.iso)
produces a usable CD here.
K3b, CDRecord and Burn 2.4.1u are reported to burn the anyboot image properly,
without even needing to rename the file to *.iso.
=-=

As for dd'ing to a usb stick or hard disk, i'm not sure if the anyboot
needs to be written directly to the device or if it can be written to
a partition on the device.

--mmadia