[haiku-development] Antw.: [haiku-development] Filtered PoseViews

  • From: "superstippi@xxxxxx" <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 13:44:57 +0200

Hi,

IMHO, making the icons transparent completely defeats the purpose of filtering
the list. For the icon modes, it may be something different, since icons
actually have a fixed position. As long as we keep that behavior, showing the
filtered poses makes more sense than showing "holes".

But the list mode is something completely different. When I type a couple of
letters, I want the list *reduced* to just the matches, so that I can quickly
find the poses I am looking for. This specifically includes the use-case where
those poses are far apart in the original unfiltered list. Especially if they
cannot be in view at the same time, because their distance is bigger than the
visible area. (Keep in mind filtering also matches parts of the string in the
middle of file names.)

I think the solution should be to make a filtering input visible at the top of
the view. Like scrolling a small input area down from the top of the pose area.
When it is closed, the filtering is removed. Totally obvious, I think. It
should have a label in front of the text input like "Show only files including:
" or something the like.

Best regards,
-Stephan