[haiku-development] And idea: "BlogFS"

  • From: Mizsei Zoltán <miqlas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 17:32:35 +0200

Hello Guys!

I got an idea, maybe it will interresting for somebody.
I always want an desktop blogging application for Haiku, but i'm not a
developer, and i can't make it :(
But what is the Be way for this?
Maybe an window with an big textbox? Ar not?

I found the BlogFS project on the internet (
http://freshmeat.net/projects/blogfs/ ), and this is very good, I think. This
is a virtual file system, and with this You can "mount" Your blog. You write
the text in an text editor, and only copy to this "disk".
If You open this disk, You have more directories, the categories. You can open
them, and put a new post here, move Your post to another category, or delete
them.
May this "BlogFS" can be a part of the Webservices Kit. The file-system addon
connect to the blog with XML-RPC ( http://xmlrpc-c.sourceforge.net/ this is
buildable without problems under Haiku), download the posts, and store it on
the disk in files, with attributes, like the Mail app.

Filename:       Post Name
Attributes:     Date
                Categories
                Author
                Publish state (Published, or not. Maybe with different icons.)

Maybe it not need to be an file-system addon, maybe enough if there is an
directory, like the Mail dir in the home dir, that have subdirs for the posts.
At start it need sync with the blog, and if You make a new post it upload, and
post it.

What You think about it? What is the Be/Haiku way?
Sorry for my english....:)

--
Best Regards:
Mizsei Zoltán