[haiku-development] Alternative software sites [was: User Guide update]

  • From: Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 08:21:15 +0200

Hi!

On 24 May 2015 at 05:30, Brian Hague <alphaseinor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So with the loss of bebits and haikuware, and it looking like they will
never be coming back: [update the user guide]

Thanks for the note, Brian. I'll remove those links after we've
answered this question:
Are there any software sites that we should link to in the user guide
and Web+ bookmarks to replace BeBits and Haikuware?

Candidates that I can see are:
- Guest One's Haiku Repository [1]
- PulkoMandy's Archiv [2]

More repos that may spring up in the future can be added if they show
some traction and start to grow (maybe Jimmy's repo [3]).

So, should we add the above candidates as replacement in Web+/user
guide? Are there others?

Regards,
Humdinger

[1] http://haiku.uwolke.ru/