[haiku-development] Re: Alpha3 : switch to bugfixing mode today

  • From: Adrien Destugues <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 20:06:53 +0100

Le 15/05/2011 18:57, Stephan Aßmus a écrit :
Hi,

On 14.05.2011 10:56, Adrien Destugues wrote:
 From the 30 tickets in "alpha3" milestone two weeks ago, there is only
one left :
https://dev.haiku-os.org/query?status=assigned&status=in-progress&status=reopened&status=new&group=status&milestone=R1%2Falpha3

One week from now the alpha branch will be created. It's time to fix
that remaining bug, and start a test run of nightlies to see if
everything looks ok. We may get some more bugs to fix after test reports.

What happened to the other 29 tickets? (I am not on the ticket list anymore.) Were those all not suitable for blocking Alpha 3 in the end, or did Michael's work on IO-APIC resolve most of them?

There was a mix of :
* Tickets moved to Beta 1 or R1, because they were actually enhancement requests * Tickets merged because they were multiple instance of the same issue ("not being able to boot from USB"). These are hard to debug since the problem is very early in the boot sequence. Starseed is investigating on them right now. It seems to be a problem in the stage1 bootloader. * Some were also about problems with CD images, these were fixed by an update of BOM FreeBSD and mkisofs. * I think some were also related to problems with ported software, scottmc may tell you more on that. There was a set of updates to fix them. * And of course IO-APIC handling has also helped in some cases, even if it doesn't work for everyone yet.

--
Adrien.