[haiku-development] Re: Alpha3 : switch to bugfixing mode today

  • From: scottmc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 10:40:25 -0700

> This is part of the Alpha3 release plan. The test run is supposed to be next
> week, after we get done with the last remaining bug and created the alpha
> branch. But feel free to start earlier, the recent nightlies should be close
> enough to the alpha. Maybe we can do the branch earlier than planeed, too.
>
> --
> Adrien.

I thought the branch was going to be today?  The rebuild of the
OptionalPackages can't start until the branch and ABI is stepped.
I have a PC setup just for the rebuild, so it's ready to go.
It's going to take a few days to rebuild and get the next packages in
place, so the sooner we branch the more testing that can be done to
ensure things are working as expected.

-scottmc