[haiku-development] Re: Alpha3 : switch to bugfixing mode today

  • From: Adrien Destugues <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 19:09:32 +0100

Le 16/05/2011 09:34, Niels Sascha Reedijk a écrit :
Hi,

On 2011-05-16, at 10:00, Stephan Aßmus wrote:

Are there any reports that the new IO APIC stuff helped anyone get Haiku
finally booting on there hardware?
Yes, me in ticket #6005. Well, it booted before if I disabled local APIC,
but then I get temporary freezes of 10-20 seconds every now and then.
Nice. So I support the idea to force it on at least for a testing period
even more. If there are no negative reports, we should enable it for the
alpha, since obviously it is capable of doing some good.
Should we make a special test build available and publish a news item
on our website? It could be a simple live-cd. It would increase the
coverage, and we would find what hardware configurations are still not
working, or stopped working.
This is part of the Alpha3 release plan. The test run is supposed to be next week, after we get done with the last remaining bug and created the alpha branch. But feel free to start earlier, the recent nightlies should be close enough to the alpha. Maybe we can do the branch earlier than planeed, too.

--
Adrien.