[haiku-development] Re: Alpha1/Alpha2?

  • From: "Matt Madia" <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 20:59:06 +0000

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 6:55 PM, scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> How about breaking the Alpha into two stages.  Since we voted on what
> we wanted to see in Alpha 1, much progress has been made on some of
> the items, some have even been completed.  But others such as CD
> Booting don't appear to have moved along much at all.  So maybe we
> push some of the unfinished items into an Alpha2?  Just trying to
> start up some discussion here.
> -scottmc

Could the wiki be updated to reflect the items whose requirements have been met?

Maybe a more specific definition on how to meet the requirements of
certain tasks, such as the LiveCD?

Is "Prop # 51: Distribute as Live USB stick" being held up by the need
for an automated process or is this forum post good enough? :
http://www.haiku-os.org/community/forum/how_to_install_haiku_to_usb_flash_drive_from_windows

For "Prop # 6: Recruit a Release Coordinator that investigates the
needed steps"  how is one supposed to determine bandwidth issues?
--does marketing include physical marketing or is it contained to just
electronic marketing, eg, preparing a haiku-os.org article and
informing numerous websites?
--couldn't the bandwidth issues be partially alleviated by users
seeding torrents as per "Prop # 53: Find mirrors and seed torrent for
distribution" ?
--other than bandwidth issues, what about the procedures needs to be
streamlined?

-mmadia