[haiku-development] Re: Allowing BAlert without buttons denied

  • From: Dario Casalinuovo <b.vitruvio@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2015 17:17:34 +0200

There is a ProgressWindow class written by axeld somewhere in the code,
maybe we could move that to private interface kit and begin to work on a
public class. Also it could be a BAlert subclass.

On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 11:36 AM, Adrien Destugues <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

3 août 2015 11:32 "Stephan Aßmus" <superstippi@xxxxxx> a écrit:
Am 03.08.2015 um 10:58 schrieb Dario Casalinuovo:

I think the alert should have a butten then allowing to force quit
the Media preferences. It is good to notify the user, but allowing
no way to proceed is not good. After all, the media restarting might
hang for some reason.

Ok, that's right :-), but i think we still need something to show simple
alerts.

Maybe a different type of modal window then. If it notifies of progress,
which is probably the case
in 100% of the windows that the user should not be able to close, then
it should display a progress
bar?

The previous code in Media prefs could be retrieved from the history. It
lacks a progress bar, however.

--
Adrien.

--
Saluti,
Dario

« Nullius addictus iurare in verba magistri, quo me cumque rapit tempestas,
deferor hospes. »