[haiku-development] Re: Allowing BAlert without buttons denied

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2015 10:34:09 +0200

Hi,

Am 03.08.2015 um 00:45 schrieb Dario Casalinuovo:

Hello,
I'm just wondering if someone is contrary to allow BAlerts without
buttons in the async version of BAlert::Go. Actually there's a debug
call in _Prepare which doesn't allow it.

I need it to show an alert when the user close Media preferences and we
wait for media services to restart.

I think the alert should have a butten then allowing to force quit the Media preferences. It is good to notify the user, but allowing no way to proceed is not good. After all, the media restarting might hang for some reason.

Best regards,
-Stephan