[haiku-development] Re: All sorts of query/index problems on fresh installs of Haiku

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 16:14:27 -0800

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 3:54 PM, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This has been disabled in our BFS as well, as it could considerably
> slow down certain applications that query but don't care whether an
> index already exists. Since Deskbar was one of those, it was quite
> noticeable :-)
> The feature now needs to be enabled deliberately using the
> B_QUERY_NON_INDEXED query flag.

Still, it would be nice if there was an option in the "Find..." dialog
to specify that non-indexed attributes can be included in a query...

I'm also thinking we need an app that makes it easy to identify the
indexed attributes for each given mime type, and create/delete/reindex
them easily. I dub this app: QueryFixer!

Sadly, my C++ development skills are pretty much nil, so I'm not sure
such an app will ever materialize any time soon ;)

- Urias