[haiku-development] Re: Adobe Flash on Haiku

  • From: "Ryan Leavengood" <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 14:44:12 -0400

On 7/24/07, Simon Taylor <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer_sdk/

If someone official-ish approached them and offered to do the port in
return for some docs then they might be receptive.

I actually found that link shortly after I sent my first email in this thread.

The main drawback I see there is it is for Flash 7, and we can more or
less get that with Gnash. Of course I'm sure the Adobe version has
less bugs and supports more of Flash, but then the port itself could
be buggy. Gnash also has some other nice features that can make the
Flash experience better.

But hey if someone wants to look into that I don't think it would hurt.

Not meaning to sound like some Haiku Flash authority,
Ryan