[haiku-development] Re: Adding more META:attributes

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 20:23:23 +0100

On 29/01/2016 19:24, Axel Dörfler wrote:

It would make sense to reuse the DublinCore naming for those when
possible, cf.

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/CommonExtendedAttributes/#relationtodublincore

Not really; our attributes aren't easily interchangeable, anyway, and we
usually conversion uses name mangling to preserve the type. IOW it makes
no sense whatsoever to follow any attribute convention set by another
platform that doesn't support typed attributes.

Yeah I know that, worked it quite a lot:
http://dcevents.dublincore.org/IntConf/dc-2011/paper/view/53

However, it could serve as a inspiration for adding more META attributes
:-)

That's what I meant, no need to reinvent the wheel, and it'd ease any
future mapping we'd have to make.

The DC metadata set is also used in web pages in <meta> tags, so it
could even be possible to extract them when creating bookmarks...

BTW I think we also have introduced "Media" attributes, haven't we?
Maybe it's time for a cleanup...

You tell me :D

François.