[haiku-development] Re: Adding more META:attributes

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 19:24:04 +0100

Am 29/01/2016 um 17:36 schrieb François Revol:

On 29/01/2016 16:56, Humdinger (Redacted sender humdingerb for DMARC) wrote:
I propose to create "META:author" and "META:pages". I don't think the
other attributes have too much overlap with other (document) file
types or are so informative that people would like to see them in
Tracker windows.

Seems to make sense, indeed.

It would make sense to reuse the DublinCore naming for those when
possible, cf.

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/CommonExtendedAttributes/#relationtodublincore

Not really; our attributes aren't easily interchangeable, anyway, and we usually conversion uses name mangling to preserve the type. IOW it makes no sense whatsoever to follow any attribute convention set by another platform that doesn't support typed attributes.

However, it could serve as a inspiration for adding more META attributes :-)
BTW I think we also have introduced "Media" attributes, haven't we? Maybe it's time for a cleanup...

Bye,
Axel.