[haiku-development] Re: Adding a directory to Haiku image

  • From: Humdinger <humdinger@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 17:57:38 +0200

Stephan Assmus wrote:

I think "Save as PDF" is just fine. Much clearer about what it does than "PDF Writer".

IMO the whole misusing a printing device to create a PDF file feels like a crutch from Windows. There you need a hack to make PDF output possible when the application hasn't implemented that itself.
We have Translators that offer any installed file format to every program.
I'd much rather have the option to save a PDF from an app's "Save As..."
dialogue.

Maybe this shows my ignorance of the technical side of things, but that's how I feel as user. :P

Humdinger