[haiku-development] Re: Adding Screen Savers to Haiku

  • From: "William A. Lawson" <lawsonwa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 10:09:59 -0400

François Revol wrote:
Hello All,

I am trying to add a new screen saver to the Haiku source. I've placed the files in "src/add-ons/screen_savers/leaves/". When I run jam in the source directory the only output is "...found 10 target(s)..." but nothing is compiled. The jam file is attached. If anyone has any ideas why this is not compiling I would appreciate the help.

First, make sure you added the subdir to the parent Jamfile (the one in screen_savers).

You need to explicitely give the target to jam, like:

jam -q Leaves

Also, if you want it to appear in the image you have to add Leaves into build/jam/HaikuImage.

François.

Thanks for the tip François. I also needed to move "ScreenSaver Leaves" above "AddResources Leaves" to get jam to find the target correctly. Now I just need to sort out the plain old compiler errors :).

Bill