[haiku-development] Adding RDEFs to non-binary files

  • From: Augustin Cavalier <waddlesplash@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 18:39:08 -0500

Hi,

I'm trying to create a "javah" command that behaves like the "javaw"
command on Windows, so that when a user double-clicks a .jar file it
launches. I've created a shell script that does the job pretty well, and a
RDEF to go with it.

However, how do I add the attributes from the RDEF to the shell script?
Xres corrups the file (obviously). I can copy a preexisting binary file
(e.g. cp), xres the compiled RDEF onto it, and then "copyattr" to the shell
script, but that's more a hack than a real solution...

-Augustin