[haiku-development] Re: AddOnMonitorHandler

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 08:44:07 +0200

Am 29.08.2010 22:57, schrieb Clemens Zeidler:
Am 27.08.2010, 18:52 Uhr, schrieb Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>:

the thread when nothing goes on. Just to give an example of why
batching notifications can be good: In the time it takes the linker to
produce a new ffmpeg plugin binary, there arrive enough stat changed
notifications that the media_server manages to unload the user ffmpeg
version, unshadow the system ffmpeg version and reshadow it with the
user version about seven to ten times in a row. :-) I put the TODO
into the

I see, what happens when you try to load an unfinshed add-on? does it
fail to load the image? or does it crash if you try to call a function
in the lib?

Another issues I run into is that in some cases I like to load all
add-ons synchronously on startup. For example, to be able to use the
previous decorator add-on all add-on should be loaded at this point. I
think I will add a function that trigger to handle all pending entries
immediately.

Or introduce and pass a boolean to AddDirectory() which makes it run the notifications synchronously for all existing add-ons.

Best regards,
-Stephan