[haiku-development] Re: AddOnMonitorHandler

  • From: "Clemens Zeidler" <clemens.zeidler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 08:57:32 +1200

Am 27.08.2010, 18:52 Uhr, schrieb Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>:

the thread when nothing goes on. Just to give an example of why batching notifications can be good: In the time it takes the linker to produce a new ffmpeg plugin binary, there arrive enough stat changed notifications that the media_server manages to unload the user ffmpeg version, unshadow the system ffmpeg version and reshadow it with the user version about seven to ten times in a row. :-) I put the TODO into the

I see, what happens when you try to load an unfinshed add-on? does it fail to load the image? or does it crash if you try to call a function in the lib?

Another issues I run into is that in some cases I like to load all add-ons synchronously on startup. For example, to be able to use the previous decorator add-on all add-on should be loaded at this point. I think I will add a function that trigger to handle all pending entries immediately.

Regards,
        Clemens