[haiku-development] Ada port to Haiku

  • From: alb348@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2012 21:25:09 +0200

In an old (2009) thread [1], the possibility of porting Ada to Haiku was discussed. No actual conclusion was reached, and the bottomline was "Well... anyone willing to do the porting is welcome". Yet, as far as I know, no actual work on it has been done yet. Too bad, because Ada is a great language, certainly not inferior to C/C++, and with a great potential (and much more readable code!). It also binds to C++, so binding it to Haiku's C++ API should be feasible, although it would take serious work. anyway, the issue of binding comes much later. As things stand now, we don't even have a compiler on Haiku!

Basically, this post is meant as a stimulus to revive the interest in porting Ada to Haiku, and to see how many people would be interested in Ada at this point. So, perhaps anyone reading this might consider putting in some work for porting Ada to Haiku?
What's your response, anyway?

[1] //www.freelists.org/post/haiku-development/Ada-Compiler