[haiku-development] ATTN: All who have administrator type access to any part of Haiku's community.

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 17:04:24 +0000

Greetings all,

Short version:

I'm making a list of everyone who has administrator type access for
the various parts of Haiku's presence on the internet.
Please tell me who you are.
Eventually, it is desired to make sure that at least two people have
administrator access to each part.
If for some reason, you wish to give up control or  want help to find
an additional person, inform me privately.

Thank you.
Matt Madia
mmadia

--------------
Long version:

Over the years, Haiku has grown in respect to the size of its community and its
presence on the internet. As one may imagine, managing all of the different
facets of Haiku's existence becomes challenging for a single person or group.
In order to organize this collaborative effort, we are trying to get an
overview of who are our keymasters.

By keymasters, I mean the people who have the login and
passwords to the various accounts directly relating to Haiku, Haiku Inc.,
or any medium that is acting as an agent on behalf of Haiku (eg, a language
specific mailing list that was set up by an individual).

One purpose of this task is to help create a transparency of which persons have
access to which parts in the community. Another reason and arguably more
important, is to ensure that every account has at least two people that are
capable of modifying it. This second reason will make Haiku's infrastructure
more resiliant to changes in administrative staff and less prone to errors.

If you are one of these people, please respond to me. When replying, please
indicate which account(s) you are referring to. If the account is not mentioned
in the example list, please be specific as far as URLs and the service being
provided by that account. For example,
//www.freelists.org/list/haiku-development , this mailing list is for
developer discussion.

This is *not* a request for the passwords themselves. However, if for some
reason, you want to provide the login/password information, do *not* transmit
that information via this or any public mailing list. Instead mail me privately
and I will inform you of who to contact.

Examples of these areas include:

Haiku's websites' account information :
 BerliOS
 WebFaction
 DreamHost
 GoDaddy
 Drupal Admin
 Drupal Editor
 Trac Admin

Haiku-Inc. :
 gmail, picasaweb
 PayPal
 CafePress

haiku.gallery :
      gmail, picasaweb

IRC Channels :
      haiku-*
      CIA

Mailing Lists :
 http://www.haiku-os.org/community/ml

To make sure this is clear --
 Do Not Reply to the Maling Lists with Login Information.
 Do Not Reply to the Maling Lists with Login Information.

Thank you for your cooperation,
Matt Madia
mmadia