[haiku-development] Re: ATI Video Driver

  • From: "Urias McCullough" <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 09:33:21 -0500

2008/5/20 Gerald Zajac <zajacg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Since the S3 video driver is finished, I am planning to develop a video
> driver for the ATI chips that preceded the Radeon chips.  That is, the
> driver will support the Rage128 and Mach64 chips.  Is anyone else working on
> a driver to support either of these two groups of chips?

Great!

I have a few such cards including a Rage Mobility (don't remember
which model) and a few STB cards from old Dell Dimensions which are
Rage128 I believe.

Let me know if you need any testing. Depending on where you're
located, I can send one of the STB cards to you just for fun, as I
have quite a few IIRC.

- Urias