[haiku-development] Re: ALI 5451 audio driver

  • From: Siarzhuk Zharski <zharik@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 22:43:42 +0100

Hi Krzysiek!

Krzysiek Ćwiertnia schrieb:
Ups... I have overwrite it to multi-audio too, but have lack of time to
polish the code and adapt it for Trident and ali5451 chipsets. :-\

It is here: http://siarzhuk.dyndns.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi/cvsroot/sis7018/
Looks like I must publish all my projects in the developer branch of the
Haiku repo. :-)

Yes I was aware that your plan was to eventually proceed with that
code, but I've wrongly assumed that you must have some other things to
do, and you're not working on it. I wanted to have some sound so I
wrote it myself :)

Oh, that is not a problem. That was my fault. I should not to "hide" my work from community. :-)

OK, I don't see a problem, the time you finish the
driver whole family of cards will be supported by it. Or we can
combine them somehow if you wish.

I'm afraid that you finally support all those cards before I'll finish my more urgent projects. :-D So, please, proceed with your own discretion. But mentioned "combining" can be difficult - as you can see I use C++ for my drivers. Anyway I'll be glad if something from my repository can be useful for you. Good luck!

By the way, in case you implement the sis7018/ali5451 support completely. please take care of the following tiocket http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/672.

---
Kind Regars,
S.Zharski.