[haiku-development] AHCI regressions

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 13:09:59 +0200

Hi,

I've updated to the latest nightly, after checking into IRC and asking about any known regressions in AHCI, because I picked up some rumors. I was told that only boot regressions are known and no data-loss. It seemed logical from what I remember reading the commits, since they seemed to concern initialization. I decided to give it a try and take the risk.... with unfortunate results.

Recently, there have been some more commits, which may also be related.

To be honest, I don't think it is good style to commit stuff which causes boot failures. This should be developed in a branch until it is ready (or expected to be good enough), that is what they are for. Has anybody already narrowed down the commit that is responsible? Even if there is work going on to fix the fix, can this please be reverted for the time being?

Best regards,
-Stephan