[haiku-development] Re: ACPI wip changes

  • From: Fredrik Holmqvist <fredrik.holmqvist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 17:45:22 +0200

2009/9/15 Jérôme Duval <korli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> 2009/9/15 Fredrik Holmqvist <fredrik.holmqvist@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> AFAICT each queue has one thread that calls the function to execute.
>> If that function stalls so does the queue.
>
> Yeah, it's implied by the queue definition. Do you mean you want a
> threaded queue ?

In the patch I extended DPC to have a version that call functions in
its own threads.
I did find 'acpi task' threads stalled on trying to acquire acpi sems,
so I think it may be needed.
Not sure it's needed when everything runs like it should, but atm I
prefer to only have the function stall and not the whole queue.

/Fredrik Holmqvist, TQH