[haiku-development] Re: ACPI development

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2008 00:35:04 +0100 CET

"Ithamar R. Adema" <ithamar@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Axel Dörfler wrote:
> > There are still some missing bits and pieces in the device manager,
> > guess. For now, as a work-around, you could add them as boot
> > devices -
> > in this case, their path shouldn't matter.
> Regarding my problems with the device manager,
> could you elaborate on the B_FIND_CHILD_ON_DEMAND and
> B_FIND_MULTIPLE_CHILDREN
> ? I don't quite get what they are supposed to do....

Out of the top of my head:
B_FIND_CHILD_ON_DEMAND means that the node is not explored until used.
If that flag is not set, it will be explored when registered (ie. all
of its children are scanned at that point).
B_FIND_MULTIPLE_CHILDREN means that you allow more than one child for
your node.

Bye,
   Axel.